The work of a fire and rescue service is not just about responding to fires and other emergencies. It’s about working with partner agencies and the community to help prevent them happening in the first place. The Service is at the forefront of fire services in this country in exploring new and innovative ways to meet today’s challenges and the idea of a CIC was seen as a great opportunity.
That Staffordshire’s communities are safe and thrive.
Our mission is to work with partners to develop active citizenship and support initiatives through social enterprise that will help Staffordshire to be safer.
- To be creative when developing initiatives.
- To always involve members of the communities that are directly affected by our services.
- To forge strong partnerships with other organisations so our work has as much social value as possible.
- To be open, honest and trustworthy.
- To never give up on individuals until they are safer.
- To support Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Authority in making Staffordshire the safest place to be
- To enter into partnerships to ensure that Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire has a thriving economy and is a safe, healthy and aspirational place to live
- To support public, private and voluntary sector partner organisations in delivering benefits to the community
- To adapt a business methodology in order to generate income, access grants, attract sponsorship and secure other funding opportunities in support of the local community projects
- To promote the active use of facilities within Staffordshire community fire stations to provide social opportunities to benefit the local community