Family Food and Fitness programme is an early intergenerational intervention programme that aims to educate families on the benefits of healthy eating (HE) and physical activity (PA). Delivered in partnership with Groundwork West Midlands the programme is fun, easy to participate in, has lots of informative, enjoyable activities and is designed to act as a springboard for sustainable healthy lifestyle changes.
The courses are for children aged 5 – 11 with an accompanying parent or guardian.
For more information call us on 01785898516.
To provide a high quality early intervention programme that will act as a springboard for sustainable healthy lifestyle changes and build capacity within the local community and voluntary sector.
- Increase the skills and knowledge associated with budgeting, shopping, preparing and cooking healthy meals for all the family.
- Increase the skills and knowledge associated with planning and undertaking physical activity.
- To enable families to provide the best start in life for their children by being healthy themselves.
- To enable families and communities to lead healthy lifestyles and have good mental well-being.
- Increase participants’ knowledge of what activities are available within the local area.
- Increase the amount of physical activity that adults are undertaking.
- Have a positive impact on the wider determinants of health such as housing, education, life expectancy and social economic circumstances.
- Have a direct effect on one or more of the 5 ways to well being for those who have been identified as benefitting the most from intervention