We are happy to announce we have funding pots available currently. Below there is some brief information about each funding stream but please contact us for an application pack or for more information.
Community Wellbeing Fund
Safer Communities CIC recognise that like many issues and challenges faced by local people the answers and solutions can often be found there too. More often than not it is local people who have the answers - the challenges of crime, anti-social behaviour, health and wellbeing and social isolation have all benefited from the innovation and dedication of local communities which is why…
We want community groups and organisations to help us increase health, safety and wellbeing in their own communities.
To help you along the way we are going to be awarding ten projects £500 to help your ideas get off the ground.
Previous projects include purchasing equipment for a cooking project, buying gardening tools for a community garden, purchasing high visibility vests and litter picks for a community tidy up group. Whatever it is you need – we will need to know how it will impact on the people you aim to work with.
Waste Reduction Fund
Do you have a Staffordshire based project that inspires people to do the right thing with their waste?
Do you have an idea on how to help your community recycle, reuse or reclaim materials?
Does your community group or organisation encourage the reduction of single use plastics?
Safer Communities CIC are working in partnership with Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service to help reduce waste and single use plastic within the county with the aim to help to reduce the ever growing waste fires problem.
Through our Waste Reduction Fund for Communities, you could receive a £500 cash boost or in kind resources up to the value of £500 to help bring your ideas to life. We also may be able to provide volunteers or connect you with community groups in your area to help maximise your project outcomes.
To be eligible your project must demonstrate one or more of the positive impacts on the environment below;
Please check our Funding Guidelines to make sure you and your project is eligible before applying. To request an application pack then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- use of recycled, reused or reclaimed materials to benefit the community environment …. for example a community greenhouse made out of recycled water bottles or community raised beds for growing veg made out of recycled pallets. Maybe you could use recycled materials to make a bug hotel, or turn a disused phone box into a community library or swap shop.
- a project which helps to protect and preserve community resources … maybe you could organise regular litter picks, a community river clean up, tidy up and regenerate a local field or park?
- enhancement of local environments … turning grass verges or roundabouts into wildflower meadows, adding bird feeders to local parks, putting recycling facilities in areas which are prone to litter.
- encourage the reduction of single use plastics and/or demonstrate the re-use of plastics before disposal … for example you could remove plastic cups from water machines and introduce reusable water bottles, encourage people to use plastics again before throwing away, think of a community project which turns single use plastics into something beautiful https://www.boredpanda.com/plastic-bottle-recycling-ideas/ has loads of ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
- raise awareness on the world's pollution problem and promote change within your community … could you put on recycling workshops, plastic craft sessions, reduce fast fashion by arranging a community fashion swap?
To apply please fill in the Application Form "contact us" or email to email@example.com. Please note the next deadline is 30th September 2019.
Please note that funding will be allocated as fairly as possible throughout the county so when you get in touch please let us know when your project will be based so we can advise.