: 37 hours per week
: Grade 6 (23,866 - £26,470)
: Temporary 12 month contract, to be reviewed on or before.
: The Stoke-On-Trent and Staffordshire Safer Communities CIC [county wide]
We have vacancy for a Prince’s Trust Coordinator to assist in supporting the Prince’s Trust Programme Team. Please see full Job Description attached.
Introduction to Safer Communities CIC: Safer Communities CIC is a social enterprise with the vision of making Staffordshire communities safer by working with partners and our communities to provide innovative opportunities to improve health, wellbeing and safety. We work closely in partnership with Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service to deliver a range of Prince’s Trust Programmes and aim to help young people achieve their goals.
Introduction to The Prince’s Trust: Youth charity The Prince's Trust gives practical and financial support through, developing key workplace skills such as confidence and motivation. It works with 13 to 30 year-olds who are unemployed or at risk of unemployment through underachieving in education. The Prince’s Trust is an optimistic and ambitious organisation. This positive approach is essential if we are to inspire and motivate the most marginalised and disengaged young people to achieve their best in life.
We are approachable, open-minded, trustworthy, value diversity and inclusion.
We are non-judgmental and focus on the potential in each other and our communities.
We lead by example and treat everyone with respect and dignity.
We are empowering and enable positive change.
We are passionate and committed to supporting the safety of every individual within Staffordshire.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Line-Manage the programme leaders and provide regular contact including monthly 1 to 1’s and appraisals.
- Ensure that any new programmes which are approved by the CIC Management Board are setup. This will include recruiting delivery staff, liaising with Properties and Logistics, forming new relationships with local partners in the area and ensuring the centre is set up by the launch date.
- Deliver presentations and submit regular reports on the project and team performance to the Prevention and Protection Directorate, CIC Management Board and make a significant input to staff team discussions in order that further planning, review and evaluation is undertaken.
- Manager, allocate and monitor budgets and conduct regular meetings with the CIC Treasurer / Head of Finance (SFRS) to ensure that the programmes are financially sustainable and in line with the contract income.
- Actively promote the Prince's Trust programme, through various methods of communication, to our stakeholders by working closely with the Delivery Partner Manager and SFRS Marketing and Communications team.
- Provide long-term cover for absent Programme Leaders if required and be prepared to work occasional evenings and weekends. This will include delivering lesson plans, conducting regular 1 to 1 with young people; ensuring paper work is completed and In the second week of each programme there is a three night residential where there may be a requirement to stay over with other members of staff.
- Keep up to date with current issues that young people face and methods of teaching styles. Provide coaching and rollout of new methods and themes to delivery staff.
- Ensure that each programme successfully completes key milestones in line with the contract and Prince’s Trust Toolkit; such as community projects, work placements, residential week and presentation events.
- Ensure that the Programme leaders retain at least 13 participants on each programme from target groups and achieve appropriate Team mix. This will include relationship building with strategic and local partners including training managers, employment services, careers officers, employers, youth organisations, schools and colleges to ensure the maximum number of team members on each programme while maintaining a balanced representation of local community demographics.
- Oversee action plans to address issues identified in the Team Review, Annual Quality Review and other Quality Assurance processes as outlined in the Prince’s Trust’s Toolkits.
- To maintain an up to date awareness and understanding of relevant Safeguarding Policy and procedures, with specific reference to the delivery of Prince’s Trust programmes. Ensuring Programme Leaders have an advanced knowledge and awareness of Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Young Adults Policy and are compliant in their delivery.
- Ensure that the Programme Leaders maintain accurate and up-to-date records, paper and electronic, as required by The Prince’s Trust or external funding contracts and in line with The Prince’s Trust’s and SFRS data protection policy.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team, taking responsibility for their health, safety and welfare, so as to meet the requirements of Health and Safety legislation and ensure that the Programme Leaders are complying with health and safety, risk assessment and accident/incident/near miss reporting for all delivery and in a timely manner.
- Promote equality, diversity and positive opportunity in the Service and the community in accordance with the Equality Strategy in order provide benefits for our diverse communities.
- Attend all necessary internal/external training courses and management/steering group meetings as required.
- Carry out other programme related duties as may reasonably be required by the Delivery Partner or The Trust, including deputising as appropriate on activities relevant to area of responsibility. Responsibilities
: Delivery Partner Manager
This vacancy is open to both internal and external applicants.
An Enhanced plus Barring DBS Check will be required for this post.
Closing date for receipt of all applications is
: 25th November 2018
Interviews are to be held
To apply please click on the link to the internal careers site.
All communication regarding this vacancy will be issued via email, so please check your email account on a regular basis.
If you have any enquiries, please contact
James Hettihewa-Young, Prince’s Trust Delivery Partner Manager
Sarah Fynney, HR Business Partner
: 01785 898686
Please follow this link to apply